Skip to Content

Ready to fill your vacancies? Start here!

Ready to fill your vacancies? Start here!

Asset Protection & Insurance: Is Your Real Property Management Delta Rental Property Covered?

Filling Out Insurance Paperwork with a Model House in the ForefrontIt’s never a secret that Searcy rental property owners require good quality insurance to protect their real estate investments. On the other hand, there are several different kinds of insurance, each with its own coverages and limits. That can make choosing which insurance you need a considerable major challenge. Landlord or Investor insurance, landlord liability, umbrella, and flood insurance are just a few examples of the kinds of insurances available today. Due to the fact that different types of insurance are designed to protect different things, really grasping what each is created for can benefit you in determining exactly how to best protect your rental property assets with the correct type and amount of coverage.

Unlike homeowner’s insurance, Landlord or Investment Property Insurance is developed to ensure protection for your investment property. This type of insurance covers the rental home and usually exterior features, such as sheds or fences. Landlord insurance does not cover your tenant or your tenant’s personal property that is why various landlords ask that their tenants purchase their own renter’s insurance policy and sometimes tenant liability insurance additionally.

Landlord Liability insurance is different from Investment Property Insurance but is often included. This is related to the fact that this type of insurance covers losses related to damage, theft, or vandalism caused by tenants or their guests. It also covers liability in the event of an injury. This type of insurance is planned, however, to secure your rental home together with the financial aspects of your investment, additionally.

An umbrella policy is exactly what it sounds and seems like: broad coverage for a rental property that adds an extra layer of protection for individuals who own property or have an occupation that is prone to lawsuits. In view of the fact that being a landlord fits both of these sorts, it is worth going over an umbrella policy to protect your assets if you are sued for damages in excess of your other insurance policies. These policies also typically protect the insured against loss of rent or damages to other people’s property or injury caused by others, such as a tenant.

It is imperative to consider, notwithstanding, that an umbrella policy usually does not cover losses to your rental property due to a flood. For whatever reason, flood insurance is usually offered as a separate policy that must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). This type of insurance typically covers the actual cash value (not the replacement cost) of the physical structure of the home and a detached garage, if it exists. Conceding that several Real Property Management Delta property owners may deem that they don’t need flood insurance because their property is not located in a “high-risk” area, the fact of the matter is that floods can and do happen anywhere, and generally strike without warning. Heedless of whether from a burst pipe or an unusual amount of rain, floods damage and destroy homes on a regular basis.

With a vast number of different types of insurance out there, it’s significant to examine your coverage amounts accurately and see to it that you are not paying for insurance you don’t need, but additionally that the insurance you do have provides the right amount of coverage. Anyway, understanding whether you have the right insurance coverage can be really difficult provided you have reliable industry experts on your team who can assist you. At Real Property Management Delta, we can help you determine how to best protect your valuable properties and your financial well-being with the right insurance coverage. To learn more, contact us or call us at 501-404-0674 for some additional particulars.

We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.