GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR TENANCY
1. There is a non-refundable application fee for each applicant over the age of 18 years.
- If application is submitted on line the fee is $30.00 (paid online)
- If application is submitted in person the fee is $37.00 (paid via check or money order)
2. Copy of state-issued driver’s license or identification card must be provided when the application(s) are submitted.
3. All applicants must meet all credit and leasing guidelines. At least one applicant must have an active checking account. All applicants must be 18 years old to qualify.
4. Applicant must provide landlord references/mortgage payment history. Applicant must provide at least 1 year or rental history/mortgage payment history that has taken place within the last 18 months from at least one applicant. College dorms, friends, or relatives will not be considered as valid rental references.
5. All units are available to occupants with children and to the physically impaired. Two occupants per bedroom are acceptable, with children aged 12 months and under not being counted.
6. The Application must be signed by all applicants. We may hold a property for an APPROVED applicant for 10 business days after the applicant pays the Security Deposit.
Income is to be 3 times the amount of the rent of the property applicants are applying to rent. Applicants must provide the last 2 months of pay stubs. Documentation for any other income (SSI, child support, etc.) must also be provided. Unemployment income is not considered. Self-employed applicants must furnish a copy of their Schedule C from their last tax return or furnish a copy of the last 6 months’ bank statements, verifying monthly income of 3 times the rent amount.
Any criminal offense which has taken place within the last 7 years may result in a denial of an application. If applicant has been convicted of a crime resulting in jail/imprisonment and the applicant has been out of jail/prison for less than 5 years, the applicant will be denied. If the criminal offense was of a physical or violent nature against either person or property, the applicant will be denied. If the criminal offense took place more than 10 years ago, or if the person has been out of jail/prison more than 5 years and has perfect credit and rental history, they may be approved (provided this was a one-time offense and was not of a physical or violent nature). Multiple/repeat offenders will be denied no matter what the credit and rental history shows.
The tenant’s security deposit will NOT be refunded unless the tenant completes the full term of the lease and meets all other conditions of the lease.
If a property allows pets, a $250.00 non-refundable pet fee is required. This fee covers up to 2 pets and applies to all indoor and outdoor pets. If a tenant has more than 2 pets, there is an additional non-refundable pet fee of $250.00 per additional pet. All local ordinances regarding pets must be followed. NO EXCEPTIONS. Fee is waived for applicants providing a medical letter stating that the “pet” is, in fact, a medically prescribed assistant or companion service animal. Applicant remains responsible for damage done by ANY animal brought onto the property.
Real Property Management Delta adheres to all requirements of the Fair Housing Laws. We do not discriminate against any applicant for reasons of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.