Overall Leasing Process: From Viewing to Move In
(all applicants please read this section)
At Real Property Management Delta we follow a standardized leasing process that mitigates surprises and lets our perspective residents know what to expect. The steps to our leasing process are listed below:
- Schedule a viewing to get a first hand look at the property you’re interested in leasing. While not required, we prefer tenants view a property if possible in-person before applying.
- If you like what you see, submit an application online on our Available Properties page.
- All applications are considered.
- All applications that qualify for the home applied for are approved.
- However, an approved application does not take the home off the market or ensure that you will be the future tenant.
- If your application is approved:
- You will be sent a text informing you of approval and an email & text inviting you to setup an account on our Online Tenant Portal.
- On your newly created portal the appropriate Hold Deposit will be posted and available to be paid online or delivered to our Searcy Office. All Hold Deposits count towards a Security Deposit upon move in; it is not an additional deposit.
- If you are the approved applicant whom is first to pay a deposit, you have taken the home off the market and it is reserved for you alone for 30 days or until the move in date specified in your application, whichever occurs first.
- Following having paid the deposit we will likely have a few additional questions (that have no bearing on the application) for you which you will receive either via email or text.
- We will send a lease for you to sign via your Tenant Portal. Any further deposits, rent or prorated rent (based on move in date specified), and/or other fees will now appear on your portal also.
NOTE: please ignore the “Due Now” notation on your portal; those remaining fees are due by move in day but are posted so you have the option of paying anytime between lease signing and move in day.
- Once any remaining fees & rents are paid and all leaseholders have signed we will get with you to arrange for move in and getting the keys to your new home!
- There is a non-refundable application fee for each applicant over the age of 18 years.
- If application is submitted on line the fee is $30.00 (paid online)
- If application is submitted in person the fee is $37.00 (paid via check or money order)
- Copy of state-issued driver’s license or identification card must be provided when the application(s) are submitted.
- All applicants must meet all credit and leasing guidelines. At least one applicant must have an active checking account. All applicants must be 18 years old to qualify.
- Applicant must provide landlord references/mortgage payment history. Applicant must provide at least 1 year or rental history/mortgage payment history that has taken place within the last 18 months from at least one applicant. College dorms, friends, or relatives will not be considered as valid rental references.
- All units are available to occupants with children and to the physically impaired. Two occupants per bedroom are acceptable, with children aged 12 months and under not being counted.
- The Application must be signed by all financially responsible lease holding or co-signing applicants.
Once received, your application(s) will be reviewed and may be accepted, declined, or held (decision pending).
- If your application is accepted:
- This does not mean that the property is yours (there’s still a few more steps) and multiple applications may be accepted for any given rental property.
- You will be invited to activate your tenant portal and pay a non-refundable hold deposit.
- Hold Deposits vary by property but do not vary by applicant. Typically they range from 1/2 of the advertised Security Deposit to a full Security Deposit. They never exceed the Security Deposit amount.
- The first accepted applicant to pay a hold deposit will have the property held for them. No other arrangements will be made.
- The first accepted applicant to pay a hold deposit will be invited to sign a lease, pay remainder of deposit, pay rents, and take possession of the property.
-Income (gross) is to be 3 times the amount of the rent of the property applicants are applying to rent.
-Applicants must provide at least the last 2 months of pay stubs.
-Documentation for any other income (SSI, pensions, etc.) must also be provided.
-Unemployment income is not considered.
-Other non-taxable income (i.e. child support) is not considered.
-Self-employed applicants must furnish a copy of their Schedule C from their last tax return or furnish a copy of the last 6 months’ bank statements, verifying monthly income of 3 times the rent amount.
- Criminal Background:
-Any criminal offense which has taken place within the last 7 years may result in a denial of an application.
-If applicant has been convicted of a crime resulting in jail/imprisonment and the applicant has been out of jail/prison for less than 5 years, the applicant will be denied.
-If the criminal offense was of a physical or violent nature against either person or property, the applicant will be denied.
-If the criminal offense took place more than 10 years ago, or if the person has been out of jail/prison more than 5 years and has perfect credit and rental history, they may be approved (provided this was a one-time offense and was not of a physical or violent nature).
-Multiple/repeat offenders will be denied no matter what the credit and rental history shows.
- Fair Housing:
-Real Property Management Delta adheres to all requirements of the Fair Housing Laws. We do not discriminate against any applicant for reasons of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.